Thursday, January 29, 2009

Super Dooper Book Find...









I was out shopping the other day and I found this wonderful book on sale. As a lot of you know, I just adore old photographs, and especially old photos of children. This is a delicious book full of photos of olden day children and their dogs. Some of the photographs are really beautifully posed studio shots, and others are taken at home or in the garden. The one feature in every photograph is how much the children adore their dogs. It is written by Donna Long and printed by Ten Speed Press if you are interested in chasing it up. It is a real delight.




1 comment:

Sarah said...

Christine, what a wonderful find!

I love less posed photos like this. It's wonderful to see what was worn in days long gone. I always find it rather surreal that the dogs of yesteryear look exactly the same as they do now, but the people look so different! Daft I know!

Hugs, Sarah x